Step 1: Motivation
“May We be Healthy and Happy”
Questions to Stimulate Contemplation and Journaling
The following questions are posed to stimulate your journaling. Please add you own questions or rephrase these so they have greater personal meaning. Your journal writings will help you formulate your own personal contemplative focus for this step.
- What is your definition for health and happiness?
- Can constant, sustainable health and happiness come solely through external causes?
- What changes in your inner life are required to be healthy and happy?
- What is the relationship between a healthy mind, body, and spirit? How are they mutually
- Do health and happiness require you to be loving, compassionate? Why or why not?
- Do health and happiness require you to change your attitude and values? What changes are
- Do health and happiness require you to change your diet and exercise, life habits, career, and hygiene? What are these?
- Do health and happiness require you to change the quality of my mind and consciousness? What changes are required?
- Do you need deep and abiding purpose and meaning for your life in order to be healthy and happy?
- What is the purpose of contemplation and meditation in accomplishing these objectives?
- Will you commit yourself to this meditation process to improve your happiness and health?